On April 11, 2012 two veteran community organizers visited our class. Jitu Brown is the Education Organizer for the Kenwood Oakland Community Organization and Michael Klonsky is a professor of education at DePaul University, leader of the small schools movement and working to stop public school closings. They spoke about how they got started in civic work, the lessons they learned and what they are fighting for. It’s a riveting and often moving 90 minutes. Watch it here.
Get Tom’s Email Newsletter
Connect Via Facebook
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Follow Tom on Twitter
Join The Global Community of “Creativity Champions”!
Join The “Arts + Business” Community @ FB
Join The “Creativity + Social Change Community @ FB
- About Tom
- Acting Up – Using Theater & Technology for Social Change
- Art Of Crossing The Street
- Artist as Activist
- Becoming a Social Change Agent
- BrainStir Ideation Session
- Business Storytellers Festival
- Civic Engagement
- Community Organizing
- Creative Leadership
- Creativity + Business
- Introduction to the Creative Economy
- Nonprofit Management
- Nonprofits & Social Change
- Teachers For Social Justice
- TIF 101
- Tom @ TEDx
- Who’s Lying To You Now?